Thursday, January 20, 2005

Bringing Hope to the Congo!


Aksanti Birindwa is 10 years old. She does not have a father, and her mother is jobless. Aksanti’s dream is to become a secretary. Her prayer is for the salvation of her family and for her family to have food.
With tears in my eyes, I sit in my office reading Aksanti’s story, along with the struggles of hundreds of other kids living in the slums of the Congo where we serve. My heart breaks for them, but I can also smile because of the difference our new school and sponsorship program will make in their lives. I know that as I make brochures for each of them, they will hopefully soon have an American sponsor to provide money for school and at least one meal each day. What an honor and joy to spend my day working to bring food, schooling, hope, and Christ to these precious children suffering from war and poverty.
I’ve been working full-time for two weeks now, and I LOVE MY JOB!!!! I actually get excited to wake up each morning to come into work. I know, it’s crazy! I just love spending my days working on projects that I’m passionate about, believe in, and know are impacting the world for Christ. There is nothing I would rather be doing right now. What an amazing gift from God! I am excited to serve Him with all my heart here at ELI.

What's new with me:
I am now an official college graduate! And boy do I love it!!!! I love coming home from work each day and being able to hang out without having to worry about homework. Praise God- no more papers!!!!

I moved! Yep, I had to move off campus, so now I live in a cute little house in Glendora with three other girls. I love our cute neighborhood and sitting in my rocking chair on our front porch. And I love the $275 rent!

I’m taking lindy-hop dance lessons! (It’s a form of swing) This is my new fun activity for the year. I love dancing and received lessons for Christmas. I can’t wait to tear it up on the dance floor and get my groove on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home