Wednesday, July 26, 2006

QUOTES FROM THE KIDS

The kids were amazed when they saw their beds for the first time. Most had never slept in a bed before; if they had, it was with 4 people in one single bed. Upon seeing their beds, the children exclaimed, "Mama, you mean I get to sleep in this big bed all by myself? I don't have to share with someone else?" They really couldn't believe it and asked multiple times. The next day when their new dad asked how they slept, one child answered, "I slept so well. Do you think I can sleep in that bed again tonight?" The dad happily replied it's HIS bed and he gets to sleep in it every night. "Every night?" the boy repeated in wonder. It seems that no matter how many times we tell them these things, they just can't wrap their minds around them. After bathing the first night, one girl tried to give her towel back to her new mom. Her mom told her it was her towel and she could keep it.. "You mean it's mine forever and I never had to give it back?" For children who have never owned a single possession before, the events of this first day were pretty mind-blowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home