Friday, July 15, 2005

Mungu Yu Mwema (God is Good!)


Do you serve a big, big God?” one of the orphanage house parents sang. “Yes we serve a big, big God,” the 90 children joyfully sang back. And how true it is! What a mighty, big, and good God we serve. And what an incredible adventure He blessed me with during the last three weeks. Every moment that I spent in Kenya was a gift that I will forever treasure.

I have to admit it– I’m in love. I am head over heels in love with Kenya, the people there, this incredible ministry that I am blessed to be a part of, and the God who led me there and continues to know the plans He has for me.
Have you ever had one of those amazing moments where you just knew, “Wow, I was created to do this!” Well, welcome to my entire experience in Kenya. Whether it was speaking Swahili, sitting in the home of an AIDS victim, preaching at church, or dancing and worshipping with the ELI staff after dinner, I just knew that this is what God wired me to do.

From the moment I stepped off the plane in Nairobi, my heart continued to beat, “I’m home.” It amazes me how much that place feels like home, and how much it makes everything in me come alive. More than ever, I know that I am exactly where God has called me to be. And don’t worry, I’m not moving to Kenya, yet. My heart is definitely there and with the ministry that God’s doing there, but I know for now that I can have the biggest impact by being here in the states. But, I have a feeling I’m going to end up there sometime in the next couple years for a more extended period of time. For now, I am excited to be back at our office in California, serving the people of Kenya here with my rejuvenated passion for this ministry. I love where God has me right now, and am excited to see where He continues to lead me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home