Wednesday, July 26, 2006

DANCING BEFORE GOD!

Boy do the Tanzanians know how to sing and dance! I have never seen anything like it. As soon as the worship started at church, everyone left their seats and came to the big space at the front to sing and dance together. What a joyful celebration! They danced before their God and worshipped Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. My heart and mouth couldn't stop smiling as I watched the joy of the Lord fill that room. And the smile stayed on my face as I then got to preach and watch 5 people give their lives to God for the first time and another 5 recommit their lives to Him.
(15 students at the school also came forward to give their lives to God, and joined a weekly Bible study to grow in this relationship!). But the fun and dancing weren't over after church. Later that afternoon we had a street crusade that around 600 people attended. Music and dancing filled the streets and I did my best to join the Tanzanian line dances. My rhythm and moves didn't quite match up to theirs, but hey, I did my best and definitely provided lots of laughter for everyone around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home