Sunday, September 16, 2007

So, what's next?

Well, I arrive back to L.A. on Sept 15th and will start work again in ELI's office as I follow-up with this summer's teams, help train next year's, and do some speaking at chapels and churches.
I'm also planning to get my massage license!!! I am so excited about this as it's something that God has really put on my heart this past year. I love giving massages, but really want to get trained professionally to use this gift in ministry, especially overseas. I know there are certain massages you can learn for AIDS patients, cancer patients, and people with other terminal illnesses. Plus, I'm excited to use it to bless people in ministry who are tired, burnt out, and need a little love poured back into them. I know that it may also be a tool God uses for me to connect with and minister to people in unreached or closed areas (meaning you can't go there as a "missionary"). The possibilities are endless for what God may do with this talent and the lives He will touch. My prayer is that as I massage and pray over people, they will feel the touch of the living God and experience physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. I actually started this ministry during my time in Kenya and watched God touch and heal quite a few people (by the end, I was giving at least one massage a day). And yes, I definitely want to bless friends with it too, so once I start my classes this fall, feel free to give me a call and I'd love to come practice on you!
And I will continue to pray this fall about where God is taking me next. I will keep you updated as He leads.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara Kincer said...

Enjoying the blog. Great stories. I wanted to let you know that if you were interested in doing anything Iris, I've got contacts of friends in Malawi and Mozzy who you could stay with and help out. I forgot to mention that too you last night.

I'm glad we met :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home