Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sharing His Heart


I have been so blessed by the opportunities God has given me this fall to share His heart with others - especially His heart for the nations, the poor, and the oppressed. From churches to school chapels to home fellowship groups to dessert nights, I have loved sharing stories of Africa and our incredible God and watching Him touch, challenge, and inspire lives. This picture is from an event we did in Sacramento called “Hope Walks.” Over 700 kids and their families walked to raise money for our kids in D.R. Congo. We set up simulation tents where the kids could see what a bedroom or classroom is like for a child in Africa. I was the African teacher for the day and had a total blast!
I am excited because this is more of what my job is going to look like as we move into the New Year. My season as Team Coordinator is coming to end and we are currently looking for a new person to take over that position. Though I have loved walking the journey with the teams who serve with us in Africa, the coordination and administration of the job drains me, and I’m seeing that my gifts and passions truly come alive when I get to speak, to be out and about raising awareness, and to spend time with people rather than my computer and spread sheets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara Kincer said...

You'll be so great at it!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home