Friday, July 15, 2005

Dancing, Singing, and Laughter

One of my favorite times of the day was dinner time. I loved sitting around the dinner table with the whole ELI family (about 15 staff) and my team, fellowshipping and laughing. But the real fun began when dinner was over, for that’s when the singing and dancing would begin. What a blast to dance around the dinner table with these fun-loving Kenyans. Our evenings were full of laughter as they taught us their tribal dances, along with some of their own made-up contemporary dance moves. The laughter and dancing would eventually fade into an amazing worship time as we sang both Swahili and English praise songs to our amazing King of Kings. I can’t describe the joy that filled my heart every time I found myself surrounded by Kenyan worship. After singing and praying together, the night either concluded with some fun team time, some incredible stargazing, or a hysterical game of spoons with the Kenyans. What fun!

Dancing around the dinner table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home