Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Seeing Jesus


Meet Kosgei. Mentally handicapped and usually pretty dirty, Kosgei is a regular visitor to our training center. He spends his days wandering through the village, following us around as we work. At the beginning of the summer, I would get so frustrated with him. He would wander into my meetings and interrupt the Bible studies I was leading. When I saw him approaching, my heart would sink and I would think, “Oh no, here comes Kosgei. Can someone please take him out of here?”
Until one day. One life changing day, Kosgei came up behind me and grabbed my hand. His hand was dirty and I had somewhere to be, and I just wanted him to go away. But then I heard the whisper of Jesus. “It’s me Kierra, Jesus. I just want to hold your hand.” Everything changed in that moment. My annoyance vanished and butterflies filled my stomach as I realized I was holding hands with Jesus. Suddenly Matthew 25 came alive to me: “Whatever you did to the least of these, you did to me.” This really was Jesus standing next to me wanting to hold my hand. So I walked with Jesus that day, hand in hand, and began to see Him not only in Kosgei, but in every person I passed . Thank you Kosgei for teaching me to see the face of Jesus in others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home