Thursday, December 15, 2005

Meet Patrick


I was so inspired and challenged by the students I met in ELI’s six-month training program. Patrick is one of them and I pray his story inspires you too.
Patrick comes from an extremely poor area 9 hours from our training center. He was praying and fasting for 3 days, asking God for a way to bring hope to the dying people in his community. The next day, a visitor to his village told him about our 6-month program. Patrick knew this was God’s answer. He started our program and is so eager to learn as many ideas as possible to bring back to his people. He is going home for Christmas break and told me, “There will be no time for resting during my break. I must share with as many people as possible to help them start feeding their families.”
One morning I asked Patrick how he had slept that night and found out that he hadn’t slept at all. Instead, he had been praying all night for each person in his community, that God would use him to bring hope to their lives. Wow!May I learn to love and pray like Patrick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home