Monday, July 07, 2008

Sonship


God has been taking me on an incredible journey of freedom this past month and I am excited to continue down this pilgrimage with him. I learned about an 8-month course called “Sonship” when I was in Colorado last month, and I am now three weeks into it. Through readings, homework assignments, cd lectures, and phone discipling sessions with a professional counselor each week, the course leads people from living as orphans under the law to sons and daughters of the King living in the freedom of grace.
I have been challenged to the core as my perfectionist and people-pleasing tendencies have been rooted up and exposed for what they really are - the desire to promote the greatness of Kierra rather than the greatness of God. I’m realizing that my desire for the praise and approval of everyone around me is actually the desire for them to worship me instead of the King of Kings. It’s humbling to learn, but so healthy and freeing! I’m breaking free from the bondage of worrying about the opinions of other people as I understand my identity as a completely forgiven, deeply loved, sinner saved by grace alone. I am a daughter of the King free to simply point others to HIM! You can read more about the sonship course at www.whm.org/grow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Kierra some great books on the indwelling life that may interest you are Principles of Spiritual Growth, and and The Complete Green Letters both by Miles J. Stanford. They are amazing reads like this sonship class sounds...love Jenny

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home