Monday, July 07, 2008

He Restores My Soul


All right friends, I’m calling all prayers to enter into battle for me this coming week! I leave next Tuesday, July 8th to start set-up for the Women of the Harvest Retreat that we’re hosting from the 10th-13th. I’ll be serving on the volunteer staff team along with 33 other women to host a weekend of refreshment, healing, encouragement, joy, and restoration for over 100 women coming home for furlough after years of service for God’s Kingdom in countries all over the world.
The goal of the retreat is to provide spiritual, physical, and emotional refreshment for these ladies. We hope to remind them of their true identity as beloved daughters of the King, provide refreshing times of worship, study of the Word, prayer, and rest, demonste God’s lavish love through gifts, pampering, beauty, healthy physical touch, fun and laughter, and create a haven environment where we provide listening, counseling, small groups, and a chance to interact with others who “get their life.”
Wow, what a joy to participate in bringing this type of love and refreshment to God’s precious daughters! Throughout the weekend I will be providing massages, leading a small group of 7 women, helping with set-up & clean up each day, and providing love and encouragement in any other way I can.
I covet your prayers for the week as you intercede for me and these women. Please pray for:
Finger, hand, arm, leg, and back strength for me! I have never given more than 4 massages in a row before, so I am going to need some extreme Holy Spirit power to flow through my body the whole weekend.
Anointed hands for healing. I long for God’s healing power to flow through my hands as I massage and pray over these women. Pray for emotional, spiritual, and physical healings.
Wisdom, discernment, and a sensitivity to God’s Spirit as I lead my small group. Pray that his Spirit mightily touches each woman in my group and fills our conversations and prayer times together!
Thanks so much friends! I am excited to report to you all the incredible ways that God moves during this week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana Butler said...

Hey sister, what a BLESSING to get to serve with you this week. All week I was so drawn to you and I so wish we'd had more time to connect! You remind me SO MUCH of my friend who's back and forth to Sudan a couple times a year.... not just because of the Africa connection... but your hearts and your personalities are so similar. You'd be best buds if you knew each other.... :) Soooo, I sent her an email and gave her a link to your blog. :) Just thought I'd let you know.

I looked at your blog and loved it... Tell me more about the book you're writing...??

Love ya sister,
Dana

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home